2014 GED ®/ HSE Test Information
Let New Readers Press be your source of information for the new 2014 GED® / HSE Tests.
On this page you can:
Watch our latest videos about the new GED test
Download an easy-to-read 2014 GED guide
Find useful facts and information on all HSE tests
Find FREE classroom resources for all tests
Join our All Tests Considered discussion
Order GED study materials
Video: new GED® Test study materials
Video: preparing low level learners for the GED® Test
Video: how to prepare for the new GED® test
Find useful facts and information
The 2014 GED® Test and Its Impact on Adult Literacy Providers
GED® educators website portal
The Test Assessing Secondary CompletionTM (TASCTM)
ETS High School Equivalency Test (HiSETTM)
State-by-State Look: HSE
High School Equivalent Assessment Comparison
Teacher's Guide to the 2014 GED Test
- Microsoft Digital Literacy, covering computing skills and technical training.
- Northstar Digital Literacy Project, a free-self-paced module to asses students' skills in basic computer use, Internet, Windows operating system, MAC OS, email, and word processing.
- Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) Reepworld, full of online exercises
- REEP Technology Curriculum, offering lessons that focus on basic computer and word processing skills, Internet navigation, and email.
- Work and Technology Modules, featuring lesson plans on several types of skills, including job applications and cover letters.
- Goodwill Community Foundation (GCF) Learn Free, including self-paced learning modules on computer skills, basic literacy, ESL, and more.
- Federal Digital Literacy Portal offers content form a variety of sources, enables discussion and collaboration among users and elevates best practices to improve the quality of digital literacy offerings.
- Digital Basics helps students at Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels earn the basic terminology to computer literacy, understand how to use current and future tools, and get a better understanding of how to navigate the Internet.
- Cells Alive!, Offers fun, easy-to-understand information and animations on cell biology, microbiology, immunology, and microscopy.
- To view item samplers visit www.GEDtestingservice.com.
- To find out the status of computer-based testing for the 2002 series and status of implementing the 2014 test in your state, contact your state GED administrator's office.