Conversations for Work
helps beginning ESL students develop and practice the language skills they need to communicate effectively on the job. Connect the classroom to the workplace.
- Thematic approach introduces students to the culture of the American workplace and illustrates the qualities students need to be successful at work.
- Conversations are designed to set a context for vocabulary as well as to share information on culture and customs.
- Lessons give students the framework for transferring and customizing materials to their own work situations.
- Topics presented are: People and Places at Work, Time and Work, Job Safety, and Working Together
- Emphasizes oral skills and conversation.
- Lessons are based on workplace themes—students practice the words and expressions they need to function at work.
- Vocabulary is presented in picture dictionary format.
- Listening practice activities focus on specifics for workplace interactions, such as hours, numbers, and typical responses to common workplace questions.