This workbook provides additional instruction, support, and practice or all 60 lessons in the Learning Upgrade Digital Literacy Course. The lively, engaging course uses video, music, and games to help learners understand digital content creation, text messaging, data use and storage, privacy and security, and digital citizenship.
• 2-page lessons include vocabulary, skill review, practice, and discussion topics
• Lesson Reviews reinforce skills and provide opportunities or learners to combine strategies to
complete group projects
• Final Challenge wraps things up with a 60-question test to review the course content
Some lessons included in the Digital Literacy Course and Workbook are: Internet Basics, Computer Basics, Phone Basics, Network Basics, Apps Stores Programs, Data Organization, File Types, Video Conference, Net Etiquette, Online Relationships, Online Scams, Protect Personal Information, Social Awareness and more!
The Teacher’s Guide provides instructor support for using the Digital Literacy companion workbook with the Learning Upgrade Digital Literacy Course. For every lesson in the workbook, the teacher’s notes include the following:
• Learning Goals based on ISTE and/or Northstar Digital Literacy standards
• Prerequisite skills and lessons
• Tips for previewing key vocabulary
• Teaching strategies for skill review to use with a whole class, small groups, or 1:1 instruction
• Step Up and Step Down activities to reach struggling students or to challenge accelerated students
• Guidance for class discussions and projects
• Tech Extension activities that combine skills learned in multiple lesson